Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ikea Review - FREDRIK Computer work station

Setup was a bit of a hassle. one part of the click system on one of the pieces was just a bit to narrow to fit as designed. Half an hour of repetitive attempts to force it worked like a charm.

The cable shelf is a bit mystifying. From the instructions, it seems you are supposed to place a power strip in the shelf before assembly, (after assembly, the bottom of the shelf is to narrow for either three or two prong plugs to fit through) then plug all your power cables into a power strip about two feet above the floor on the shelf rather then a power strip on the floor. This wouldn't work for me. I have a one of the wide power strips that seems more common these days.

I like the shelf, though, as it is just wide enough to fit my cable modem and router inside, and relatively safe from babies, puppies, and ants (ants once set up a colony inside of my router, with larvae and everything).

No comments: